Tips For Removing Hair Dye Faster
All of us have used a colour in our hair that has not come out as intended. Some of us perhaps more than once *cough*.
So these are some tips on removing your hair dye faster, without damaging your hair (this will help speed up the fading process, but won’t remove it completely).
REMOVING HAIR DYE:
- Wash hair with hot water (cold water helps maintain colour, whereas hot/warm will wash it out faster).
- Wash hair with Johnson’s Baby Shampoo. Yes, you read correctly; baby shampoo. I have just tried this and it works better than ANY other shampoo or shampoo/peroxide mix I have used before.
- Wash hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo (removes hair dye much faster than regular shampoo).
- Shampoo twice each hair wash.
- Wash hair with a shampoo and bleach mix. (To do this mix up one part bleach powder with 1 part peroxide, mix and then add the same amount again of shampoo-so half shampoo, half bleach+peroxide.) Shampoo with the mixture as normal. I try and leave it on for up to 5 minutes at a time, constantly massaging through my hair to ensure it is even. Condition. And always follow this with a protein treatment to recondition your hair.
**UPDATE: if the above doesn’t work for you, check out my post on bleach baths as a stronger alternative.**
Tagged as Colour, Dye, Fudge, Hair, Hair Dye, Manic Panic, WAKK Stain + Categorized as Hair